An Overview of Adjusting of Status After Marriage


If you are a foreign national who entered the United States on a K-1 fiance visa or another temporary visa, then you may be eligible for a green card through marriage. This is an immigration process known as adjustment of status, and it can be fairly straightforward for those who meet the requirements. If you are interested in getting a green card through your marriage, it is important that you understand what is involved and how the process works.

What is marriage words?

This article will provide an overview of the process for adjusting of status after marriage after marriage, including who is eligible to use this method and what is required to complete the process. Additionally, we will discuss the advantages of using this process and how it compares to the process of applying for a green card through Consular Processing.

Generally, a person can only adjust their status within the United States if they are married to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident. In addition, they must have been in lawful status when they initially entered the United States and must not have violated their visa or the terms of the Visa Waiver Program.

For this reason, it is very important for people who are considering this option to consult with an experienced immigration attorney before attempting it on their own. If a person attempts to adjust their status and does not meet the required criteria, they could be subject to severe consequences, including removal from the United States or a bar from future immigration to the country.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *